- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large romaine bunch
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
- Wash and drain the romaine leaves, chop them into one-inch pieces.
- Mix the olive or vegetable oil, lemon juice, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard and finely chopped garlic together as the dressing of the salad.
- Toss the romaine and croutons in a bowl with the dressing and add parmesan and salt and pepper.